GenCrispr NLS-Cas9-NLS nuclease is the recombinant Streptococcus pyogenes Cas9 (wt) protein with a nucleic localization signal (NLS) on both N and C terminal, which can be used for genome editing by inducing site-specific DNA double stranded breaks. Cas9 protein forms a very stable ribonucleoprotein (RNP) complex with the guide RNA (gRNA) component of the CRISPR/Cas9 system, which can localize to the nucleus immediately once entering the cell with the guide of the NLS. Compared with the mRNA or plasmid systems, transcription and translation processes are not required. This DNA-free system avoids the risk of inserting foreign DNA into the genome, which can be quite useful for gene editing-based disease therapy. Our highly pure and active Cas9 nuclease meets all of the researcher´s requirements (e.g. in vitro cleavage assay, RNP complex transfection, micro injection).
Product Source: GenCrispr NLS-Cas9-NLS is produced by expression in an E. coli strain carrying a plasmid encoding the Cas9 gene from Streptococcus pyogenes with a double-ends nuclear localization signal (NLS).
- DNA-free: no external DNA added to system.
- High cleavage efficiency: Double NLS ensures the efficient entry of Cas9 protein into nuclei.
- Low off target: transient expression of Cas9 nuclease.
- Time-saving: no need for transcription and translation.
With this Cas9 Nuclease, you can:
- Screening the highly efficient and specific targeting gRNAs using in vitro DNA cleavage.
- In vivo gene editing combined with specific gRNA by electroporation or injection.